Friday, January 10

Other people's special day

There really isn't a holiday during the year that I would say I really consider all that much worth celebrating . It isn't an actual holiday for the world, or Country , or even any state or city for that matter.  It is a person's birthday, not my own, someone who used to be my best friend like I didn't know friends could exist. Now it is a painful day of sorrow for me, a distant memory of someone who says more important to me than life itself. I would give anything to be able to be the one she wanted to spend her special days with but I never have been, never will be. She was my friend, then my best friend, then I fell in love with her, then she drifted away and fell in love with someone else. I have been stuck and lost ever since she (what I feel like) abandoned my life.  I have constantly tried to rebuild who I once was without avail. Today is her birthday and it brings me as much sadness to be without her today as it did on any other holiday that you are supposed to spend with your loved ones.   I wish I didn't love her. It's a wretched curse to be in love with someone who cares not about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment